OK, so the weather is definitely getting better each day and its only a matter of weeks before most of us are going to want to spend more time outdoors. This is the perfect time to stock up on that sunscreen because as much as a lot of us feel like our BB Cream has enough SPF to keep us going, I can assure you: it's not.
We've all heard about increased cancer risks due to sun exposure and even though that should be more than enough to scare us, here are a few more reasons to be wearing that sunscreen:
1. Just 2 DAYS of exposure to UVA light damages skin enough to lead to sagging and bagging! So for all the times you thought stepping out 'just this one time' without sunscreen won't do any harm? Nope!
2. Freckles are cute and there's no doubt about it, but blotchiness and dark spots? Not so much. Wearing sunscreen can prevent those spots and wrinkles. For the billions of dollars pumped into the beauty industry and for everyone spending thousands on products sworn to firm your skin and diminish fine lines - nothing is worth it if the basic steps aren't taken. Sunscreen should be the first step.
3. Prevent those sunburns! Besides the fact that its SO painful when you have a nasty sunburn, sunburns actually weaken your skin. Your skin can end up suffering continuous peeling, swelling, redness, hives and itching. Why put yourself through that?
4. Did you know that sunlight continues to damage skin even after sunset? A common excuse I've heard from people who don't wear sunscreen is that the only time they're in the sun is when they walk to their cars and they spend the rest of their time indoors. You might think that once you've ducked out of the sun, you're safe but a study conducted in 2015 confirmed that most of the damage to your skin occurs hours after exposure to the sun. Walking or sitting in the shade just doesn't cut it and to top it off, its proven that sunscreen offers more protection than a full-sleeved dress!
5. I know I started with this point, but I have to end with it too: More people suffer from skin cancer than any other cancer. Period.
We have a solid collection of sunscreens for all skin types starting from AED40. Have a look at them by clicking here
Comments will be approved before showing up.